Advice On Which Seed Sowing Modules To Buy

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Advice On Which Seed Sowing Modules To Buy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kioralaura 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Participant

Morning Everyone,

For the last couple of years I’ve been sowing all my seeds in 7cm square pots for the allotment.

However I’m finding this very time consuming and I’m getting through a lot of compost.

I’d like to try some modules but my past experience is tissue paper thin plastic rubbish from shops.

Does anyone know where I can buy some decent trays that are going to last please?

As a final question what size cells would you recommend for normal seeds, and for larger ones like peas or beans?

Thanks, Thomas 🙂

kioralaura
    Participant

hi Thomas, I came across these online just today. I am wanting to reduce my plastic consumption, so hence my search. These are, however, extremely expensive at 73€ each for the wide tray; they should last a long time though!

https://www.manufactum.com/cultivation-tray-p1518107/?c=198247&a=26695

I would be interested if anyone has found similar products at a better price.

prt
    Participant

I have also been looking for something more robust than those generally available. I have just received some propagation trays (8×5 modules per tray) from containerwise.co.uk. These are fully rigid and should last many years. The website appears to be for the wholesale market wanting large quantities but they will sell to individuals: I got 10 trays for £54.59 (incl VAT and p&p). Charles uses these in his latest video.

kioralaura
    Participant

prt – that’s excellent to hear. I will see if I can club together with some people here in France where I live and get an order in to containerwise.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags