Feeding Fruit bushes which are planted in permeable membrane and woodchippings

Community Community General Gardening Fruit Feeding Fruit bushes which are planted in permeable membrane and woodchippings

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bluetempest2 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bluetempest2

Hi Charles, what do you suggest for me to give my fruits( gooseberries, black current and red current bushes ) which I have recently acquired in the renting of a new house which for some reason have been planted through a plastic permeable membrane then topped with approx four inches of bark chippings ( mostly wood!).
    My uncle used to pick the hard tops of the cowpats and submerge them in water and leave to stand and then used this liqueur on his Rhubarb and had great results- this was back in the 1970,s as they couldn’t afford fertilisers . A little smelly but effective.
    Is cow or horse dung liqueur a good viable solution rather than sulphate of potash.?

Regards

Mick

charles

Hi Mick
    I would emulate your uncles methods although with whatever ingredients you have. It is frustrating when soil is so covered like that but at least there should be no weeds. Liquid feeding takes more time and effort than feeding soil with compost and manure.

bluetempest2

Thank you Charles.

regards
    Mick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags