Green waste compost

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground Green waste compost

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  charles 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

charles

I have been asked by a compost corporation to endorse their products. What do you gardeners feel about that?
    I have reservations about the plastic rubbish in much green waste compost (including theirs) and the high temperatures at composting, making the product relatively lifeless, although still useful!
    Incidentally there is no money involved in this, it would be a favour.

Grannyjack
    Participant

I think it is ok to endorse a product if you use it but otherwise – no.

Stringfellow
    Participant

Grannyjack has a point. I’d add though, that if through Charles association with this compost, it gets more growers involved in using organic methods over chemical, that can’t be a bad thing. Another drip in the stream towards more sustainable agriculture perhaps?

Rhys
    Participant

Difficult to comment without knowing how good the compost actually is. I’ve used some fantastic products this season and some rank awful ones. Some I will buy again undoubtedly, certain places I will be avoiding like the plague!

bluebell
    Participant

Charles I have no issue with endorsing something that you use. You may want to seek some assurance as to their maintaining quality standards and what happens to the agreement if they don’t.
    Personally I would want some sort of a contract at the end of the day they re looking to make additional money out of the use of your name and reputation.

Karen
    Participant

Perhaps they could also send you a regular delivery of their compost so that you could monitor it´s quality? Your reputation would be at stake if you used something that isn’t up to a reasonable and decent quality. Or that you yourself wouldn’t even use it even if it was for free?

Leif
    Participant

I suppose it could help raise your profile, and publicise your no dig approach, and courses. But you’d have to be careful how they use your endorsement. And it might pay both you and them to have them indicate that your endorsement is unpaid.

I use a lot of compost based on municipal waste, and yes it has a lot of plastic and glass.

charles

Thanks all for your feedback.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags