Growing "everything" in module trays

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Growing "everything" in module trays

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christine 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wellies
    Participant

Hi Charles / All,
    We are setting things up here so our polytunnel is waiting for warmer weather to put its plastic skin on. Our no dig outdoor beds are under plastic ready to go but will be instantly swamped by slugs the second we plant anything. I have just put up the fence posts and will put up the wire netting as soon as possible. Then we shall get some slug eating ducks.

As the eventual positions of my plants are not yet ready can I plant “everything” in our two little domestic size greenhouses. This is what I eant to plant some of today or in the next week..
    My guess..
    Lettuce… yes
    Cabbages… yes
    Calabrese… yes
    Onions…yes
    Peas… yes
    Spring onions… yes in pots and leave in pots.
    Raddish… sow in trays and leave in trays?
    Spinach?
    Beetroot?
    Turnip?

Christine
    Participant

I’m no expert but am never afraid to offer an opinion!
    I have sown all the above. Also bolthardy beetroot is apparently ok this early but no other type. my turnip is coming up also.I planted peas for shoots but Charles’ diary says peas for pods should be left til later. I also sowed herbs but think I may have to keep them indoors at this stage!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags