Horse manure

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  charles 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sahira Ward

Seasons Greetings Everyone!

I enjoyed reading December 2012 Charles, good to see that Homeacres is coming along. I was told today that the horse manure that I have bagged up ready for next spring will go anaerobic is this correct? I thought that was what happens to grass clipping without any air. The manure is partically decomposed and has sawdust for carbon content.

Regards

Sahira

charles

Hi Sahira, well some people do like to worry other people! 

If anuone tells you something, ask them to give their reasons, and I don’t see any here! For one thing there is little decompostion happening in winter, so bacteria need little air. Your manure is mostly decomposed anyway.

Even my compost heaps have minimal exchange of fresh air, you can imagine how little can arrive to the middle of any heap. Look how leaves rot down successfully in bin liners!

bluebell
    Participant

Hi Sahira
    Onlything I would say is that some of the bags used now rot quite fast and I have found it a pain to have to disentangle partly rotten bags from the content.

Sahira Ward

Charles and Bluebell

Thank you for your comments

Sahira

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags