Last Frost dates for the UK

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Last Frost dates for the UK

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  burinot 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Neilfrazerm
    Participant

Hi all,
    Here is a link to a map of the UK with last frost dates. It makes really interesting reading.
    Ignore me if you know yours.
    It would be useful if anyone can verify the accuracy of the data.
    BR
    Neil
    https://www.plantmaps.com/interactive-united-kingdom-last-frost-date-map.php

Christine
    Participant

thats really helpful thank you . I wsa caught out with frost this October and wondered what was the best app for local forecasts.

Paul
    Participant

Iv’e seen many of these,they always seem to be at least a month out.I wouldn’t dare plant squashes/pumpkins,runners etc before the last week in May,I’m N East lincs by the way..

Rhys
    Participant

Average last frost date is a very misleading term, as it is implying that five years in ten it is later than that.

If you are feeding yourself, you want a date that is after the last frost 19 years in twenty or better I would have thought. And for safety, probably closer to one in fifty years.

10-20th March in NW London is probably about right as an average, but frosts in April are quite common here.

burinot
    Participant

Thanks, I was caught out with frost this October and wondered what was the best app for local forecasts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags