Lifting Fruit Bushes

Community Community General Gardening Fruit Lifting Fruit Bushes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  oilampdave 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

oilampdave

A friend of mine is moving house over the next month. She has a lot of fruit bushes and said I could have some if I wished. Can they be lifted now and re planted in my garden. She also has a polytunnel (1 year old) which she is selling also. Are they easy to dismantle. I could see the plastic been a problem. Any tips.
    Dave.

charles

It depends how old the bushes are: if one or two years, you can dig out most of their roots and they will settle in fast. Worth a try whatever.

Tunnels just need time and patience, while the plastic would be difficult to dig out and then free up from around the door frames, without losing any there and finding that you had not quite enough to re-secure it when reassembling. Not impossible though. If more than three or four years old, the plastic is not worth saving for recladding.

peat
    Participant

If it is a large polytunnel you could do the same as my brother. He had to take his down a month after we put it up. The sheeting was damaged so he left one of the spans off and so being shorter the sheeting was able to fit. When it needs replacing he will put the span back up.
    Pete

oilampdave

Thanks for that Charles. I’m coing to give it a go with both issues. Let you know how it turns out

oilampdave

Thanks Pete, great idea.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags