Loving my bindweed…

Community Community Garden Problems Weeds Loving my bindweed…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rhys 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gwynleg
    Participant

I’m so delighted at the ease with which I can get out a big section of bindweed due to the manure mulch! I’m lucky also to have more time at the moment, so as soon as bindweed shows itself it gets removed. It amazes me that i now really look forward to going to my allotment to pull the bindweed!

JD
    Participant

Great isn’t it. Leaves you feeling a huge sense of achievement.

charles

This must be the first ever post with such a title, well done Gwynleg!

Lizzie
    Participant

I too am levering out bindweed from the kitchen garden on a daily basis; though I will confess that I’m standing solidly on the hate side of any love-hate relationship with it. I have a border which was plagued with bindweed so I removed all the plants and covered the ground with black polythene for 2 years. That does seem to have helped a lot, but not completely, but looking at black polythene for 2 years wasn’t pretty!

Rhys
    Participant

We had new neighbours move in to the north of our veg plot and they replaced an old hedge with new trees and suddenly bindweed has sprung up. Obviously they did nothing evil, but an opportunity may have emerged for bindweed to spread.

Just shows that anything and everything can potentially be a rogue event…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags