Natural Slug Predator – Brew Your Own Mix

Community Community Garden Problems Pests Natural Slug Predator – Brew Your Own Mix

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  englishlady 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

englishlady

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/gardeningequipment/8675592/The-war- (link is external)

This link describes how to make your own anti slug spray or water.

It is greusome to say the least, but obviously works. It is a very detailed article.  The smell must be dreadful.

But my question is this — dont these ‘nematodes’ (may be the wrong spelling) attack other types

of veggie plants ?

dragonette

I used 14 millions on my allotment last week (purchased on-line, large pack) and the plants look fine. I’m waiting to see if the slug population decline. It is said to be particularly effective on the small ones that lives underground. Bring on some dryer weather, that might help!

englishlady

OMG that sounds like a massive number of ‘todes.  How can you keep them all on your allotment ?  Electric or laser wire fence (he he, just kidding).  

I read somewhere that when putting them into the soil, the effect only lasts 6/8 weeks.  I wonder why?  Don’t they reproduce after being released or maybe it is only the males which are being released, not the females (or vice-versa)?  That would be a very crafty way for the sellers of these things to ensure repeat buyers seems to me;.

Do you know if these nematodes are fond of chomping on veggies too or maybe they are only carnivorous?  Let’s hope so,

Best wishes

Julie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags