potato leaf roll virus

Community Community Garden Problems Disease potato leaf roll virus

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Laurence 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ladbrokes

im in need of advice my pentland dell potatoes have what i suspect to be leafroll virus. i dug 1 up today and there was nothing there just very very small potatoes. should i leave them in or dig them up.

charles

I sonetimes have leaf roll, more on tomatoes, and they carry on growing but look less attractive! I wonder if the seed potatoes were infected. Whatever, I would leave them to grow on, which they will.

Potatoes are much later than last year, as is pretty well everything else! It is still early and too cool for potato blight, but that is the next thing to watch out for.

ladbrokes

thanks. my other potatoes seem in fine health, so it must be just a infect batch of pentland dell

Laurence
    Participant

Is this blight, blackleg, roll virus or just that they’re dying because the potatoes are ready. I only just noticed this when weeding recently, it’s just at ground level. These potatoes are in the ground but also some that are in bags have yellowing leaves.

Laurence
    Participant

I dug out a few, and they seem fine, my inexperienced guess is that the rows are too tight and it’s moist at ground level.

englishlady

Not sure what it could be, sorry, but just wanted to compliment you on your image, very professional.

Seems to make sense if the soil is moist it could be that, glad the actual crop is good.

Best wishes

Julie

charles

Key point here Laurence is which variety you planted – if a first early type, they are dying off because of maturing and being ready to harvest.

Laurence
    Participant

They are first earlies. The lates are looking fine some flowers over night came out too, so harvested some more and look fine.

Laurence
    Participant

Thanks for the compliment lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags