Swiss Chard Seedling – Keep or Discard?

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Swiss Chard Seedling – Keep or Discard?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christine 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tommy Ryan
    Participant

I have had some successful seed sowing this year with my new led lights and tables. I have had one troublesome tray that I am not sure is worth keeping. My swiss chard got a bit leggy due to keeping on the heat mat a bit too long. I have put it in a proper place now and have a fan on them.

They are now practically all laying over, but look healthy from a color perspective. Wondering if I should cut my losses and start again or salvage these. Was thinking about getting them into the ground after a full set of true leaves emerge and just bury up most of the long stem.

Thoughts? Keep or Discard. See attached picture to see current condition. Color is good, but floppiness is quite bad.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Christine
    Participant

my beetroot looks exactly the same! I’m planning on planting it deeply and keeping my fingers crossed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags