terrible slug damage

Community Community Garden Problems Pests terrible slug damage

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Daucus 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ladbrokes

with all this continued wet weather my planted out lettuce, peas and calabrese is taking a hammering from slugs. are others suffering the same fate.

SpadelessAde
    Participant

Hi Ladbrokes, sorry to hear about your poor lettuces etc, I can well understand how you must feel.

I do find mine seem to be well protected by using Slug Gone, which I surround every lettuce, row of peas etc with, and so far nothing has been attacked at all. Slug Gone is made from sheeps wool and dried into pellets, so is very easy to use, and forms a mat when it’s been rained on or watered, which the slugs won’t cross as apparently it irritates them to move over it, so they don’t!

I’d highly recommend it anyway, if you’re interested. I bought mine online quite easily – I just googled it.

Daucus

Hello it’s terrible here too – they are even coming inside our house to eat seedlings! Something that has worked brilliantly as a deterrent is sheeps wool, used either as collars for individual plants or alongside a whole bed, it doesn’t have to be thick. Mine is shoddy – the waste stuff you wouldn’t want to spin with, so it’s easy to get hold of if you have a spinning/weaving guild local to you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags