Type of rocket

Community Community General Gardening Vegetables Type of rocket

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dragonette

I love eating rocket when I go to the restaurant but whenever I have tried to grow it, I ended up with horrible dandelion type leaves, too fiery for my taste. Which type should I be growing? 

Baffled Rocket lover

charles

It sounds like you are growing wild rocket, and it is botanically different to salad rocket, being perennial compared to salad rocket is a biennial. Really they should have different common names.

Restaurant rocket is probably from young plants too and they are less fiery so if you want mild rocket, sow salad rocket every four to five weeks from late June, when it is less inclined to flower.

dragonette

…with a side order of nematodes for those pesky slugs.  Have you read this article? Homegrown nematodes! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/gardeningequipment/8675592/The-war-on-slugs-starts-at-home.html

charles

Thanks for this, good ol’ Toby, sounds worth a try and there are plenty of ingredients at the moment!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags