Varieties

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Richard Webber 14 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

charles

Much depends on choosing a good variety, your comments would be welcome if you have can point readers to a real winner, or advise them to avoid a real loser.

See also my post in the main site under varieties.

Ben Matthews

I had great success with some lettuce last year I believe were ‘marvel of four seasons’ I got given them as seedlings and they were never touched by the slugs and harvested a lot of leaves over a very long period. Nice crunch as well. When they finally ran to flower I collected the seed as at the time I had no idea wat variety the were. I’ve now got some small ones in the tunnel under fleece which seem to be surviving ok.

Picking just the outer leaves of lettuce – I tried this first in 2008 and again last year – inspired by Charles’ Salad Leaves book. It worked a treat and gave me lettuce from May to October. No gluts as I’d had before.
    Does anyone have any good varieties for this – the best for early on and then for later sowing and to take you into Autumn? Many thanks – Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags