I normally water using a can from a trough where the water has been standing for some time. Similar to most allotment holders I guess, though as there is only 1 of me the water can stand not being used for considerably longer. I have always considered that this can give some time for the chlorine/whatever to “evaporate” out of the water.
As mentioned in various videos, I too have resorted to the hose during the long hot summer. I was just wondering whether this water, being “fresher”, could have had any detrimental effect on the bacterial life we are trying to encourage? Would this be a long lasting effect?
Any thoughts, or am I just overthinking this.