Well established Mizuna plants dying

Community Community Garden Problems Disease Well established Mizuna plants dying

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MPG 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MPG
    Participant

Hi Everybody,
    I have lost a few plants of Mizuna in my polytunnel. A couple of leaves start getting dry and the whole plant quickly dies after that. This is mainly affecting Mizuna but I have seen it on Mibuna and Pakchoi too. I only water once a week and open the doors to ventilate unless temperatures get very low.
    Any idea or what that could be and how I could stop it to spread out? see photos below. Looks like a fungus but could it be a pest?
    Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Luciole

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

MPG
    Participant

Hi,
    Further to my previous post, my lettuces are also affected. it looks like the roots are being nibbled. See photos below.
    I would be really grateful if anyone could advise on this as I am worried all my plants are going to disappear quickly at that pace…
    Cheers,
    Luciole

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Dieter
    Participant

It reminds me of black vine weevil. I lost two heucheras this autumn: plants appeared perfectly healthy and suddenly the part that’s above the soil flies away with the wind… The larvae nibble at the root at ground level and “decapitate” the plant quite effectively…

I can’t really confirm black vine weevil is what is hitting you, but it most certainly reminds me of it.

MPG
    Participant

Thanks Dieter, I haven’t managed to see any grub in the ground so far. I’ll carry on checking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags