What’s happened to my climbing cucumber!.

Community Community Garden Problems Disease What’s happened to my climbing cucumber!.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew M 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Andrew M
    Participant

Hi
    New to this forum, but a no dig enthusiast for over 40 years ( in the days of Lawrence Hills). Great to see advocacy through Charles & co.
    Attached photograph of sudden change in my (new) green-housed climbing cucumber. It has been and is still prolific, but suddenly leaves are bleaching out. Added a little sulphate of potash, no change yet.
    Watered regularly and automatically. Yes, it has been hot, but everything else unaffected.
    No clear evidence of mildew, to me at least.

Any suggestions please?

Andrew M
    Participant

Further photograph attached fo4 suggested identification of reported problem

Anne
    Participant

Andrew, I had the same, all the leaves went almost white and cucumbers became bitter. I read up and it appears that cucumbers are hungry feeders and need quite a high nitrogen rich diet. I just watered with Phostrogen soluble fertiliser, in two days the leaves were green again. I am sure any product with a high nitrogen content would do the trick or poultry manure. I have watered weekly with the soluble fertiliser since then and cucumber leaves are green and the cucumbers have become sweet again.

Andrew M
    Participant

Thanks Anne

I’ll give it a try although I’m currently feeding twice a week with Tomorite.

I’ll report back next week!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags