Applications of rock dust & seaweed meal?

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground Applications of rock dust & seaweed meal?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stringfellow 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Stringfellow
    Participant

Hi Charles, no-dig seems to finally taking off. Looking forward to seeing where it leads…

Over the last few years I’ve been applying the above in sprinklings to my plot directly, and also through additions to the compost heaps, which ends up as a surface mulch. If you had the finances, what would be the ideal quantity to add to generally fertile soil as a surface layer, with a long term view to enhancing fertility? E.g. half inch of each? Or would you suggest additions to the compost heap would be a better approach?

Just interested in your thoughts on this as I look to the future of my plot. Thank you, Tris

charles

Yes it’s takeoff time Tris.
    V hard to tell but if ever you feel results are not quite there, worth adding some. I just spread rockdust on one small area of lower yield, and a little seaweed on asparagus (sea veg!)

Stringfellow
    Participant

Thanks for your response. Keep observing closely whilst nurturing the soil, over the long term, would appear to be prudent. Seasons greetings!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags