Aubergine looking less well

Community Community General Gardening Vegetables Aubergine looking less well

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dalesman 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bluebell
    Participant

Hi this is the first time I have grown Aubergine from seed and they were doing well until last night, when a few had started to flop over at the base.
    They are on a sunny windowsill in 7cm pots and now about 20cm tall. definitely not too dry but potentially over watered as I have just found out that OH was ‘helping’ with the watering…
    Any ideas what has caused this collapse? Only currently about 4 of the 20 germinated.

charles

It could be an overload of moisture. Same for cucumber and melon, as you describe, a sudden and irreversible stem-collapse. Under watering is better as wilting plants recover so quickly. I hope you save some.

Dalesman
    Participant

Could it be yesterday was a comparatively hot day and a windowsill can be quite harsh?
    I got caught that way with tomatoes in the greenhouse yesterday, but fortunately, as Charles said, they soon recovered.
    Hopefully, your aubergines are returned to good health: it’s a bit late to start again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags