Basil in Growbags

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Basil in Growbags

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  plantmark 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

plantmark
    Participant

I want to try Basil in a large grow bag in the greenhouse this year and would appreciate an idea of how many plants or what spacing to use?

charles

I should think about six to eight plants as they can then keep growing, with worthwhile amounts of new leaves until early autumn.
    But beware of slugs which love young basil plants. I have found that they can lurk under the plastic edges of grow bags, or under their bottoms, worth checking and removing and be sparing with water until plants are well established.

plantmark
    Participant

Many thanks Charles. I am achieving great results with Basil grown Hydroponically indoors, with leaves up to 5″ long!

charles

Amazing!

Is that lettuce leaf basil or normal Sweet Genovese? And no slugs to concern you, but how are you providing trace elements?

plantmark
    Participant

Sweet Genovese. I am using a DIY liquid feed and maintaining PH between 6 and 7. Happy to email more details if you are interested.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags