Best temperature for veg seedlings – cold frame in March?

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Best temperature for veg seedlings – cold frame in March?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  stenat 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

stenat
    Participant

Hi! I’m fairly new to growing vegetables and I love the idea of no dig and I plan to use this method as well as indoor sowing to always have plants ready for my small allotment. However, I have very limited window sill space for what I’d like to sow! I know that seeds need to germinate in specific temp range, but once they germinate, can they be moved to cold frames in early to mid March? Or is to early? Any advice would be appreciated!

charles

Yes that is correct, warmth for germination then outside under glass or poly. When you follow the sowing timeline https://forum.charlesdowding.co.uk/learn/sowing-timeline-vegetables/, you will have correct plants for each season, because eg first sowings are frost hardy.

stenat
    Participant

Thank you so much, I appreciate all your help and I think it’s wonderful how you share your knowledge. Impatiently waiting for your second book to arrive 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags