Biodynamic calendar

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Biodynamic calendar

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Daucus 12 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Daucus

Hello Charles
    I was just wondering if you use the calendar for cultivation/planting out, as well as sowing? I’ve noticed some big differences by using it as a sowing guide, but my veg beds contain mixtures of roots/leaves etc so it seems a bit fiddly to cultivate on specific days.

Many thanks for your wonderful books – they have been a huge help & inspiration! We have never had so much food growing here.

charles

Thanks for your comments and I am glad the books are helping. 

I use moon timings (both waxing/waning and some of Maria Thun’s) for sowing only. As you indicate, life becomes complicated if you do everything by the correct moon time! Planting out is supposed to be on two week cycles of ascending/descending moon, but I need to get my lettuce planted when they are ready. However I guess some people do everything by the moon, somehow.

Funnily enough I was phoned by a Daily Mail journalist on Friday and he is writing a piece for this Monday 14th May; it sounded as though he had done some serious research…

Daucus

Very glad to hear that, as it’s such a faff otherwise!
    Good luck with the DM, sounds interesting…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags