Blueberries and supplier

Community Community General Gardening Fruit Blueberries and supplier

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ElizaD 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

stu
    Participant

Hello Charles I am looking to add new blueberries to my fruit cage can you recommend a couple of good varieties and a good supplier. I’m currently looking at scotplantsdirect have you used them

charles

Hello Stu, I have not used them but recommend Adama Apples for anything fruiting. I have not grown much blueberry so cannot recommend a variety.

ElizaD
    Participant

Stu, I grow only Earlyblue and Bluecrop, both in pots, but they are laden with blueberries – much to the envy of several family members and friends who don’t seem to be able to make their blueberry bushes fruit much!

I grew Brigitta too but discarded it. The plant always seemed to want to flower in winter and it was a magnet for scale insect too. I get scale on my other blueberry plants but they have good long stems and stay fairly healthy with a quick wipe down every once in a while. Brigitta was smaller with fiddly stems – for me it was not a healthy plant.

I have thought of adding another plant to replace Brigitta so if you or anyone else has a recommendation I would be interested to hear.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags