Broad Bean

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matthew 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Matthew
    Participant

Hello,

I saw Monty don on an old video sowing broad beans in pots in autumn to overwinter in his cold frame and plant out in spring. I thought i’d give it a go so I planted some Broad Bean Aquadulce Seeds in small pots in early November inside my little greenhouse, and they are growing really well and the roots are coming out of the bottom of the pot. I was just wondering if these will be ok to stay in these pots until spring or should I plant them outdoors now?

Which month really should harden them off and plant outside? Would February be too early or would I wait for it to warm up in March?

Thanks,

Matthew

charles

Matthew, they could survive a while in pots but broad beans are so hardy that they can plant out even now, without hardening off. Perhaps worth a mesh cover on top but not obligatory.

Matthew
    Participant

Thank you charles, I will wait till maybe late Jan or early February as the area I want to plant them keeps getting covered in leaves.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags