Brussel sprouts, cauliflower and brocoli sowing

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Brussel sprouts, cauliflower and brocoli sowing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zuf 10 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

zuf
    Participant

Can i sow them now in modules or seedbed for tranplanting later in a garden?

First sowing of these was done in a garden and it failed due to slugs etc.

Is it good timing if i sow again now, or should i wait so the plants will be ready later for tranplanting in a garden?

charles

Yes you can. Check the seed packet for when they are supposed to mature, and there is time for sowing through May, sorry about the slugs, they are a plague this year.

Pete Budd
    Participant

Hi zuf

I sow all my winter brassicas (except spring cauli & swedes), at the end of April because in East Yorkshire later sowings can result in insufficient growth before winter. I prefer to sow in a well prepared, sheltered seed bed on the allotment but last year moles & flea beetles caused problems. I`ve hedged my bets this year by sowing some in the ground and some in compost in 70mm x 120mm plastic cups. I never look at the dates on the packets.

zuf
    Participant

Sheltered seedbeds are the way to go! I had really good germination and growing in one of them filled with compost. I think i will pregrow brasicass in future in this way.

red cabbage http://shrani.si/f/3r/9r/oPDBqtG/img4057.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags