Bulk compost prices

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground Bulk compost prices

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gorse 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gorse
    Participant

Hi!

I’m sure this question has come up a lot but I couldn’t find a good old forum post about it as there’s 100s/1000s to search through!

So wondering what sort of prices people pay for bulk compost, be it composted manure, mushroom compost, municipal compost/soil improver (whatever ya want to call it) etc etc

What sort of prices do you pay? What’s the cheapest form of bulk compost

And also if anyone’s got any particular recommendations of good places to get bulk compost from? I’m in the south west/Bristol sort of neck of the woods so if anyone can particularly recommend suppliers in this neck of the woods all the better.

charles

Gorse there was a discussion about this recently https://forum.charlesdowding.co.uk/forums/topic/compost-expense-new-allotment-plot/
    Check Viridor website, and Woodland Horticulture near Street.

Gorse
    Participant

Hi Charles, cheers for the reply. I think viridor might not quite do my area but woodland horticulture seem like a good shout and there prices seem good, so thanks for that. Their cheapest price seems to be for their mushroom compost, is this not usually a little bit more expensive generally? It does contain horse manure though, which I’m wary of as have had weed problems from it in the past. I take if you have used them before you have never had problems with their stuff.

Kind regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags