Cauliflower Planting in No Dig

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Cauliflower Planting in No Dig

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kioralaura 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

kioralaura
    Participant

It’s our first growing season and first using No Dig. We have read that cauliflower likes to be planted in a well compacted bed.

Question, is please, how do you plant them in No Dig, which is not compacted? Has anyone experience in growing cauliflower in No Dig who can tell us if there are any issues please?

thanks

Stringfellow
    Participant

They grow fine, either no-dig or otherwise. Set young plants deep so they become sturdy mature ones. Enjoy….

charles

Yes it’s another myth to confuse people, though I would not claim that anything grows well in compact soil.
    All no dig beds are or should be firm, yet aerated by soil life.
    Good for carrots, cauliflower, potatoes, you name it.

kioralaura
    Participant

thanks Stringfellow

kioralaura
    Participant

thanks Charles, much appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. mind put at ease now – even though we are a bit late planting here in central France – it has been so very very wet and almost nil sunshine these last 2 months, that everyone is behind with everything 🙁

Stringfellow
    Participant

Apologies as I didn’t mean to suggest compacted soil would grow anything well. More that no-dig or traditional dig methods will grow lovely cauliflowers for you. Of course, we favour no-dig and the advantages it offers 🙂

kioralaura
    Participant

don’t worry stringfellow – we are totally converted to no dig, it’s too much like hard work, and we have an acre of garden to manage, so digging would be a nightmare 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags