Celeriac

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Charles, just wondered how your celeriac have done so far? Mine here on both gardens have been not done well after what could have been the perfect celeriac summer. At best 4inch diameter roots, lots of leaf minor damage early on and no, i haven’t been pulling leaves off to make the garden look more attractive. Once again got no one to compare against; far too unusual veg for the cabbage growers of Ilkeston. Celery did great!

charles

Hi Robin

Interesting, I think you have been drier than here? Usually that is a reason for small celeriac, but leaf miner must be hurting too (is it also on flat leaved parsley and celery?) and I don’t know how to prevent that. I had it last year but not this year, and my celeriac have swollen nicely, though not as big as last year. I would water now because soil is dry; I think celeriac bulbs up a lot in autumn, once its root system has established.

Hamburg parsley and celery have no leaf minor. Started outdoor watering last week so hopefully they will bulk up more in next few weeks. The huge squash and flower sprouts on either side of their bed probably isn’t helping much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags