cheapest soft fruit suppliers

Community Community General Gardening Fruit cheapest soft fruit suppliers

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ashleigh
    Participant

hi i’ve just spent all day researching this, thought i’d post it in case it can save time for others.

ScotPlantsDirect – small selection of soft fruits but by far the cheapest. we ordered our hedge from here and they were really helpful re arranging when to deliver and when we amended our order several times!

for things that SPD don’t stock –

the-plant-directory.co.uk
    pomonafruits.co.uk
    carreglefn-nurseries.co.uk
    all have some good offers if you get 2 or more of each type

also worth a look at dtbrownseeds.co.uk for a massive range of fruits you’ve never heard of, also with quite good multibuy offers (dewberry, crowberry, gloire de sablon, bite size kiwis, casseille, all gone on my wishlist!) plus they claim pawpaws are hardy in the UK?? i guess not in the pennines though ha.

charles

Thanks Ashleigh for this helpful list. A word of caution about exotic soft fruits, of which I have tried a few over the years (casseille, aronia, honeyberry) and they have been disappointing in both yield and flavour. Unless you have lots of space to fill and money to spare, I would stick to the tried and tested black- and red-currants, gooseberries etc for tasty quantities of reliable fruit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags