Closed doors on your poly tunnel

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Closed doors on your poly tunnel

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

Hi Charles

polytunnel

I see that your June 13th poly tunnel photo shows closed polythene doors with little ventilation. Was this taken at the crack of dawn (while most of us still have a couple of hours left asleep!) before opening up for the day?

With those of us who cannot get to the plot every day are we better having open doors/debris netting doors rather than polythene doors from now on, particularly in this hot spell? I also have the option of a polythene half panel below and a debris netting half panel above on my 4′ doors, as well as a permanent 6″ gap above the doors.

charles

It was 8am or so and the prevailing SW-W wind was strong, which blows straight in the other end, so I find that enough air comes through the gap in the top, for these warmth-loving plants.
    In the coming hot weather, for this length tunnel I always leave the bottom doors in, it’s fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags