Compost additives

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Compost additives

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  slasher 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

plantmark
    Participant

Charles, considering your experience with compost brands which are widely available and their almost guarenteed unreliabilty, would it be a good idea to add something like Chempak Potting Base to ensure nutrients are there?

charles

I don’t think this is a good idea.
    The problem with potting composts appears to be that several are not doing what they claim, and until using them we do not know which ones are good, which bad. Chempak fertilisers are water soluble, if you add that to an already good compost there are then too many nutrients, so some leach away and growth may be stunted. Bad for the environment, bad for plants.
    For me the strange thing is how compost companies appear unable to measure the nutrient flows, or estimate them, when using woody substrates.

plantmark
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

slasher
    Participant

Slasher

Charles I could not get my usual compost , the man said he had got a different one and had
    some good reports on it . It was cheaper than my usual one and was 75 litres instead of 50 .
    It is “MOTHER EARTH” .Have you had any reports on this product. So far so good ,but I
    would like your opinion.

charles

Hello Slasher, I can’t help you here, never heard of it. Best of luck!

slasher
    Participant

Thanks Charles ,I will let you know if it works this season.
    slasher

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags