Composted Bark mulch

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground Composted Bark mulch

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bluetempest2 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

bluetempest2

Hi Charles and forum users, I am in a little dilemma of what to use for compost as I have horse manure but it has very little added straw or bits for getting a crumbly spongy structure like I saw and felt at Charles’ veg plot this year. I have been mixing a little organic multipurpose compost into my other small raised beds with the horse manure and this has become very spongy firm structure which when pressing down with your hand it actually flexes back to its original level and has great drainage property! It is also great for planting modules and direct sowing.
    The Dilemma is ‘ Cost’ as I have now got a 5m x 2.5m raised bed and have enough manure but have also acquired some composted bark which I aim to mix in with the manure @ 5cm thick on top of the raised bed soil. I also aim to leave until February 2013 under cardboard weighted down.
    If it is fine to use can someone give any indication of what ratio to mix it at.
    If there are any other alternative ideas please feel free to advise.

Regards
    Mick

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags