cucumbers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Pearman 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ladbrokes

just been given 2 greenhouses which i have made into 1 large 1 (14ft by 6 ft). i would like to grow a couple of cucumber plants but am i too late to sow this yr. any recommendations on variety. cheers

Ros

I was sowing cucumbers yesterday, aware that I was a bit late but happy that I will still get a good crop. When I had an allotment about 6 cellow plotholders and I tried a different variety of cucumber each and we shared our harvesf to see which variety we prefered. The winner was burpless tasty green and I am still growing this after about 7 years now. I have also now found crystal lemon which grows fruits thst look like lemons and are best harvested when they are about the size of a lemon – this is now a much grown variety. Both of these I would recommend for growing inside or outside.

charles

You are making me hungry here Ros. And yes, it is still excellent time to sow cucumber, until the middle of June (or even end June for a slightly smaller, later harvest).

I’ve just sown mine and they came up in just 3 days left on the boiler, so you should be fine. Passandra is an excellent half sized variety which has always produced well and grown healthily.
    Andy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags