Curcubits

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rhys 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ElizaD
    Participant

Anyone planted their cucumbers and courgettes outside yet or still waiting? Checked my diary and I planted out exactly this time last year. They are at the perfect planting stage now and I’d like to avoid potting on if possible.

By the way I am in Taunton, Somerset area.

Eliza

Hazelky
    Participant

Planted mine last week. Am in Herefordshire. Have a melon in the polytunnel and in the greenhouse but put another outside today in a very sheltered south facing spot next to the compost heap – fingers crossed. Sweetcorn out and fleece off. Borlotti out and romping away. Sadly the slugs ate all my French bean seedlings. Have back ups, but letting them get bigger before I try again. Having a slug hunt tonight if the rain keeps off.

Squash in the maturing compost heap and a cucumber. Cucamelons still a little small so giving them a bit more growing time.

Spinach now starting to flower so they are coming out, but already put in pink fir apple spuds between them and they are showing now, so no bare space.

Outdoor toms out. They are ok, but not romping away. Most plants seem to have shot up after 2 days of continuous rain. Hoping they outgrow the slugs!

Rhys
    Participant

Planted my courgette on 18th but that was as I knew the next week of weather was warm and sunny. Plant now well established. My cucumber goes into final pot on 31st, but could be done now if desired.

I am in NW London.

Rhys
    Participant

Pictures attached:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags