Disease on aubergine leaves

Community Community Garden Problems Disease Disease on aubergine leaves

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris B 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello Charles and fellow gardeners

I have some aubergine plants raised from seed. They are currently indoors under grow lights waiting to be set out in my polytunnel. However I have noticed some small raised bumps on the leaves but I cannot seem to identify what is causing this. I also did see a few aphids on some other leaves.
    Please see pictures attached.
    The plants are flowering at the moment. Will the plants be affected by this? Can the disease spread?

charles

It looks related to aphids, mostly the leaves look super healthy and I would plant asap now in this warmth. When watering them in, wash off any aphids you can, but a few is normal and are food for ladybirds etc.
    Also I would pinch off the first flowers/buds because your plants are still small and establishing, can fruit a bit later, when bigger. I pinched mine.

Chris B
    Participant

Hi all. Am new to this forum and posting so hope I do it right! I have 40 aubergine plants under glass and have suffered aphids for the last three weeks. I have just bought 1000 lacewing predators and they are currently munching away! Just wondering if anyone else has tried this method and does it work? I have also purchased some parasitic wasps which are coming in three weeks. Any advice would be good. Also, how many fruits should I allow on each plant? Same question for my sweet peppers which have loads of fruit forming. Many thanks,
    C

charles

Hello Chris, aphids appear on plants under stress, maybe a little underwatered or spaced too close?
    I reckon that those predators will help but sound an expensive option when husbandry could solve it.
    Fruits per plant – just keep picking! Especially the first large fruit on each plant, (which is best removed when tiny to allow the plant to develop before fruiting strongly).

Chris B
    Participant

Thanks so much for the replies. I have spaced them out further, the lacewing are working away and I am also spraying the aphids off when I water! I will keep picking and enjoying!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags