Fleece

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Poolfield 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kate robinson
    Participant

Is LBS the cheapest and best place to get 25gsm fleece??
    Should all new seedlings planted outside be under this now? K

charles

Hi Kate, well LBS is the cheapest I know and offer a good range of sizes, also a thicker fleece at 30gsm for winter use, but I found it strangely fragile and less enduring than the standard 25gsm.

Not all plantings have to be under fleece now, it depends if you have rabbits and perhaps how soon you want to pick leaves. I shall be planting spring cabbage and onion this w.e without a fleece cover, just netting over cabbage against pigeons. I shall cover some newly planted mizuna to help it establish, may remove the fleece mid October if it is mild to let some extra light in

kate robinson
    Participant

Ok Thanks for that.
    Pigeons are a problem so might try some of each weight and see which is best.
    Will let you know. K

http://www.garden-products. Try comparing against these, not sure if you will beat LBS price or not but worth a look…

kate robinson
    Participant

Ok – LBS is £23.25 for 100m x 1.5m of 30gsm excluding VAT and postage but I think it beats others in price. Will let you know how it performs… K

Poolfield

LBS no longer stock 25g fleece, I have ordered a roll of 30g as the only other they do now is 17g. I’ll report back whether it still seems fragile.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags