Garden equipnent

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Garden equipnent

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Leif 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mateo
    Participant

Hello

I’ve seen some comments on specific pieces but I’m curious about a fork for composting, turning, working with compost and manure. My fork bought from a night street retailer was for digging (I know, the shame of it) and bent without much abuse and although I don’t plan on a digging fork now, I’d like some recommendations on a strong fork, even if it’s for manure or light jobs without too much strain on the tool. Any thoughts, brands, etc?

bluebell
    Participant

Hi Mateo I don’t have a full size fork from them but I would have to say that I am very impressed with the quality of the implementations tools that I have and the small trowel (which is my go to item) has stood far more then other trowels, which generally only lasted me a season or two.

charles

A manure fork is for turning and spreading compost and Quickcrop sell a good one in my rangs
    E of tools

Mateo
    Participant

Would the same fork be suitable for the compost heap? I have an aerator, which is a nice tool, but not much good for taking the compost out of moving from one bin to another.

charles

Yes for sure

Mateo
    Participant

Hello, if I may pick this one up again briefly:
    Do people have recommendations for a very strong fork? I saw the bulldog ones recommended and then saw the reviews on Amazon and they didn’t sound so impressive. I wasn’t sure about Implementations, because aren’t they a copper or copper bronze mix, and I would have thought a bit softer (and they don’t seem to sell a digging fork, anyway)?

Leif
    Participant

I would avoid stainless steel ones, I’ve broken several, and avoid wooden handles. I had an ash handle snap, it seemed to be brittle, possibly a poor cut of wood. They do say a fork is not for levering things and should not get to the point of breaking. But I have a bulldog and it does seem stronger than stainless ones. If you intend to lever something, use a mattock or a spade.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags