Garden Shredders

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground Garden Shredders

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  charles 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jjat8cv
    Participant

I do not possess a lawn mower (no grass). I am looking for a shredder that would chop up broad bean plants, potato halms, dwarf and runner bean plants etc as well as, if possible, brassica stalks to put on my compost heap. Due to a shoulder injury I find this difficult to do by hand. I do have a few small woody shrubs which I have to prune but it is not essential to do these in the shredder. Any suggestions would be more than welcome

Stringfellow
    Participant

Hi. I looked in to this idea as a way of preparing composting ingredients for the heap and possibly processing rotted cow manure to make it easier to spread on beds in autumn; it often comes in huge lumps!

However, the price of a good quality unit that will handle this stuff was around the five to six hundred pound mark – bit too much outlay at present. There are cheaper units but I doubt they would manage your brassica stems.

charles

I just bought a Bosch for £385 but no time to use it yet,shall let you know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags