Gardeners Question Time: Part 2 – Revenge of the No-Diggers

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground Gardeners Question Time: Part 2 – Revenge of the No-Diggers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stringfellow 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

Hi Charles

I see you are doing GQT on November 22nd at Blandford Forum. I hope you get some questions on the need to ‘Dig, Dig and Dig Again’.

John

charles

Its a great opportunity to discuss the positives!

ruth noble
    Participant

And hopefully counter Christine’s remark that she had tried it for the first time this year (due to a bad back) but found it very expensive, needing between 2-3 inches of compost and having to buy compost in. She did, sideways, say that her yields were great, but the overall focus of what she said was that it was a very expensive way of gardening. Looking forward to hearing you on it, Charles.

Stringfellow
    Participant

‘Expensive’ is relative to ones financial situation, so difficult to measure. However, the return regards quality of plants grown appears well worth the initial outlay of time, effort and money. 2 y.o. manure at £40 for 110 big barrow loads certainly felt like a bargain to me and has made growing easier and more productive each year, so far. (This delivery was shared!)

Looking forward to the discussion and points raised both for and against tillage and ‘no-dig.’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags