Garlic

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  zuf 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tflower

I investigated my autumn sown garlic this evening (leaves are yellowing) to find a pleasing looking bulb of reasonable size (5-6cm diameter). Am I okay to pull the rest and leave to dry or is it too early? I’m not bothered about them getting much bigger and would like to follow them soon with climbing beans.
    Any help gratefully received.
    Tom

charles

That is impressive for this time of year. I have never harvested garlic so early so am unsure of the answer but suspect you can harvest it now. Firstly it is fine to eat straightaway, including the green stem, secondly its question of how well it stores because it will be harder to dry from harvesting green, keep it in an airy place.

englishlady

Despite it being WAY superior to dried garlic, I have never EVER seen ‘wet’ garlic sold in shops or supermarkets here.  It is juicy and full of goodness but seems here the only way to get it is to grow it…………of course it is all over the place in France.

Best wishes

Julie

zuf
    Participant

I will wait, though we use it here and there fresh picked, but it will be ready in june/july for storage. I read somwhere here, but not sure anymore where and the details of it – what can replace garlic. It’s about time to prepare seedlings of that veggie now, right?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags