How to use Growlights

Community Community General Gardening Vegetables How to use Growlights

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RandA 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Don Foley
    Participant

Hi All,

Fed up with the hassel of growing seedlings on every suitable windowsill I could find in the house, last year I decided I would invest in Growlights for this year.
    I have just purchased two Lightwave T5 fluorescent Lamps. Only snag is they don’t come with any kind of guidance on how they should be used!
    Can anyone give me some guidance on things such as how long they should be on for each day, how high above seedlings, anything else I should be aware of.

Don.

RandA
    Participant

Don

We started last year and as we had to wait for our poly tunnel I invested in the grow lights. We had them about 40-60 cm above the seedlings. Then got a cheap timer to control how long they were on for, I tended to time it for 10-12 hours, as I think that that mirrors what we get in March (( up to the equinox) when we are sowing seeds for light. It did work for most seeds we tried, not parsley though!! and the seedlings were not so leggy. Hope it works for you.
    Ali

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags