Identifying disease on cherry, Apple and pear trees

Community Community Garden Problems Disease Identifying disease on cherry, Apple and pear trees

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Dear Charles and fellow gardeners

I purchased some healthy dwarf fruit trees in the spring and repotted them as I didn’t get the chance to plant them in my allotment in time. I was planning to put them in the ground this autumn.
    Unfortunately it seems they aren’t doing too well at the moment and I am having trouble identify which disease is affecting them and what could be done about it. Please see attached photos. The first 3 are on cherry and apple trees. The last is a pear tree.
    As always I am very grateful for any help or advice you may give me.

charles

Good pics Lottie but one needs to see the whole tree too. Tunnelling by a thrip/miner in first pic, second could be silver leaf if trees were pruned when dormant.
    However they can be stressed in pots in hot weather, I would not worry unduly and look to plant this autumn, I suspect they will be fine. Organically grown trees usually have some “imperfections”, mine do for sure.

Anonymous

Thank you so much! Very glad to know what the problem is! I read up on leaf miner as you suggested. It definitely looks like they are affecting my apple and cherry trees.
    Do you think it could be pear rust in last picture?
    Do you use winter tree wash to prevent certain pests from overwintering? Or any other methods/products?

charles

I am not sure Lottie and I do not use washes, sorry cannot help there

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags