Is it too fresh????

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground Is it too fresh????

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

grannyjanny
    Participant

We have had a load of manure delivered. We have just been allocated the rest of our plot that hasn’t any manure on it for many a long year. There were lots of dung flies on it when we moved it to our plot on Thursday. Does this mean it needs to rot down before we use it?
    One area about 18’x 8’is just solid with grass & the dreaded horse tail. If it’s fit to use would you recommend a thicker mulch when that area been strimmed & dug to get out what we can.
    Also we have a bed with blueberries in. We dug out the soil & replaced it with peat & ericacious compost & topped it with spent sticky hops & we have had very little horsetail in that bed. Is it the combination or could it be the hops?

charles

I can’t advise for sure on the manure but for mulching marestail I would use anything! especially at this time of year.

As for the hops being marestail suppressant, I doubt it but maybe there is some effect.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags