Kale

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Richard Bambury 10 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jawilliams
    Participant

We love kale and enjoy eating it all year round. What I would like to know is will spring sown kale bolt in hot weather? 

charles

Larger brassicas like kale and purple sprouting can indeed be sown now, just keep the kale watered if its dry in summer, to have new leaves, and protect from caterpillars. Chaeck out perennial kale too www.pennardplants.com/products.php?cat=401 (am unsure if that link will work, anyway it is Pennard Plants).

Richard Bambury
    Participant

Around Christmas/New Year perennial kale supply seemed to be woeful. It was a question of buying from France in French or waiting until someone had a few spare cuttings.
    I found Pennard Plants in January and ordered on line. They obviously had a good stock and a few days later 2 Daubenton Kale plants fell through the letter box.
    I popped them straight into a bed of old horse manure and they are now both about 2 feet tall,very bushy and looking very healthy.
    Obviously Pennard Plants is the place to buy perennial kale!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags