kale seedlings in january

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing kale seedlings in january

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ashleigh 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ashleigh
    Participant

Hi Charles,

I noticed in your February update, in the section about watering, you mentioned some large kale seedlings! When were they sown? And for what purpose (salad?), how warm did you keep them etc?

I am achieving almost year-round kale from first sowings in late March but if I can extend the season further I’d be very interested.

charles

Hello Ashleigh, they are actually rooted cuttings of perennial kale. Two varieties Taunton Deane and Daubentons. Good for kale leaves all year round.
    As a regular here I can send you a plant for a tenner, if you want,, you need only one as they soon make new stems for new plants.

ashleigh
    Participant

ah, perennial kales! thanks for the offer, i actually have seeds for Daubentons from the Heritage Seed Library, so I’ll see how I get on with that and maybe contact you in the future about Tauton Deane.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags