This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bluebell 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Don Foley
    Participant

Hi Charles,

I still cannot find a way to log in to the Website via my mobile phone. I’m using a Blackberry. Could this be the problem?

Don.

PS. Did you get a chance to visit the Victorian Kitchen Garden in the Phoenix Park while you were here? I’m sorry I missed you this time but hopefully you will get back here soon. Also, if I wanted to get you over for a similar talk/event how would I go about arranging same?

charles

Not sure what the log in problem is Don, do others have difficulties?
    We were rushed and never saw that garden, if you want to arrange something send me a mail please. I am at Killruddery on June 14th, see Events.

Don Foley
    Participant

Hi Charles,

The problem is that when I view the Website on my mobile phone (Blackberry 9720) the log in fields are not displayed so I can’t log in.

I will be at the Killruddery event. Maybe you will get a chance in June to visit the Phoenix Park.

Don.

bluebell
    Participant

Yes I just tried it on my work Blackberry and there is nowhere that you can log in. On IPhone and I pad there is a log on bit at the bottom of the page but this does not appear to happen on a blackberry or Android.

Don Foley
    Participant

Thanks Bluebell. I thought I was just me!!
    Over to you Charles – can your IT guys get this sorted.

Don.

zuf
    Participant

Hello, i don’t have problems but i have a question – is there a funcion where i can see a list of all unread (new) post when i come back to the forum, it would be much easier to surf the forum in chase of new debates, posts, threads. Thank you!

charles

We are looking into this Zuf!

Test Order
    Keymaster

James here, I did the redesign of the site for Charles, so hopefully can help.

I still cannot find a way to log in to the Website via my mobile phone. Iā€™m using a Blackberry. Could this be the problem?

On mobile devices the login should be displayed in the page footer (the bottom of the page) as the sidebar is hidden on small screens. I’ll admit I don’t have a BlackBerry to hand to test with, but on the simulator I used the page rendering matched Android and iOS and so should work the same. If it isn’t then let me know and I’ll investigate further.

is there a funcion where i can see a list of all unread (new) post when i come back to the forum, it would be much easier to surf the forum in chase of new debates, posts, threads. Thank you!

We’ve implemented a few changes this evening to include a greater number of posts (and excerpts from the thread) in the sidebar, and to show the 10 most recently updated threads on the main page of the forum. I know this isn’t EXACTLY what you’ve suggested, but hopefully it goes some way to helping. šŸ™‚

Don Foley
    Participant

Hi Thorburn,

The page footer on the Home page only contains “older” and copyright detail.

Don.

Test Order
    Keymaster

Don,
    Found the problem – the width the footer login was being displayed for was slightly narrower than the width at which the sidebar was being hidden. I’ve corrected this now, so you should be able to log in on your phone.

Don Foley
    Participant

Hi Thorburn

I’m still not seeing the log in fields.

Don.

Test Order
    Keymaster

Odd, it should definitely be appearing at the bottom of the page now.
    What model of Blackberry are you using?

bluebell
    Participant

Hi Thorburn – sorry not visible on Android either šŸ™

Don Foley
    Participant

Hi Thorburn,

I’m using a Blackberry 9720 which is 6 weeks or so old.

Don.

Test Order
    Keymaster

Don, taking another look.

Bluebell, what Android handset are you having issues with? I’ve tried checked on all my phones and tablets and can’t reproduce the issue, but they are all Android 4.1 or newer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags