Marestail ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Grange Cottage 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Grange Cottage
    Participant

Does no dig work with marestail? We have two large patches with this weed in our new cottage and wondering his successful it would be with no dig method we have not grown any veg for two years now still treating with kurtail not sure how to tackle this? This year we have treated what has come through and then covered and pinned down some membranes that let rain in but keep it dark.

Goldcrest
    Participant

Everything I read re this weed say it’s one of the most difficult to eradicate. Taking note of this I decided to just pull up every bit I could then rot it down in a covered bin.
    It is actually quite easy to remove initially , however it is a constant job removing new growth, but it is reducing over time.
    I have done the same with bindweed which seems to sprout even more readily.

Neilfrazerm
    Participant

When you read of the medicinal and practical uses of mares tail one Almost (note the capital) wants to try it!

Grange Cottage
    Participant

Thank you I have also caught up with other posts on here, so reading everyone’s point of view is good .

Grange Cottage
    Participant

We just uncovered the weed membrane of the patch and everything has died back nicely! We will retreat as we see it come through. We have no plans of digging or going over with a mantis this year. We will experiment with the different plots, we are planning spreading well rotted manure down in late autumn, do a no dig on one of the beds see what happens.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags