mice

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Davorka 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Cheryl
    Participant

Hello ive just taken on my 1st allotment plot after clearing alot of old rubbish inc black bins full of old footballs and tons of old carpet ive found a massive nest of mice well 1st i found tunnels which i dug in to to found out out what was there voles mice or rats and its mice lots of them to? how to i get rid of them? im not a fan of them. but my polt backs on to a school also.

charles

You did the best thing Cheryl in removing the carpet so they have less hiding place. Apart from that I am unsure how you can clear mice.

Cheryl
    Participant

I use peppermint oil at home and eucalyptus oil to at home b4 to move a field mouse out or the kitchen but that wasn’t anything like this nest might try some pots of peppermint around the garden. Hopefully they won’t run towards the schools

Davorka
    Participant

Hi, I had a huge problem with mices in the last years and lost a lot of plants, shrubs and apple trees.
    Last spring I started my mint project with planting a lot of mint plants, and also using cheap unbrewd mint tea for the winter time. I put it in and around my composter, in the planting whol when I planted plants and in each mice whole witch I found in the garden. This was a first time (in 7 years) that I had dhalias!

In my composter were no signs of mices!

I’m happy to say, it works for me. A month ago I planted a globe artichockes and a preannial kale. They still there!

Davorka
    Participant

Evelyn, sommer 2017

MJSJ
    Participant

Having dreadful mouce vole problems having grown my seeds in a plastic box sealed at night I had beautiful broard beans plants & was believed that they won’t touch the bean once chitted peas too BUT not so my friends after a few days I am down to 50% loss & trying to stay positive & the traps have regrettably come out hopefully not too late . I have tried catmint & longfolia mint but I didn’t have any luck in the winter.. pepper however does work if you can keep applying but like slug pelletsit gets expensive . I also don’t want to kill everything & cause a void in the natural balance . The mice also had a go at a few of the onions after chitting but I think only as there were a few seeds not germinated . I think they have had a bad spring too but is very demoralizing.

Davorka
    Participant

I’m still happy with a mint-tea-bag solution. Catmint didn’t work for me. In the last 10 days are springflowers coming up that I lost year after year befor. Lettuces, onions, garlic and much more are all there. Because of the smell of the mint. Give them a try.

I will try put a pic again, I see it didn’t work last time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Davorka
    Participant

and Franz Kafka

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags