Mildew on squashes

Community Community Garden Problems Disease Mildew on squashes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bluebell 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have mildew forming on squash plants and aubergines. Can I treat this or will the plants continue to grow despite the mildew. Thank you.

charles

It depends how you are looking after them. Mildew is a response to conditions that favour leaf decay. If its on all the leaves, clearly your plants are dying! However I suspect its on a few lower, older leaves which is closer to normal.
    Definitely not worth treating, just check you are giving plants what they need to grow healthily. Aubergines in particular need warmth.
    Also some courgette leaves have grey colouring which can be mistaken for mildew.

Leif
    Participant

Last year the leaves of my gigantic courgette were covered in what I assumed was powdery mildew. It thrived, and only slowed down producing as the temperature dropped, but still produced up to the frosts. This year my courgette plants look rather pathetic.

bluebell
    Participant

My Squash leaves have gone quite silver this year – I think due to the low temperatures as all new leaves are looking good now it is warming up a bit more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags