Mooli radish

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jawilliams 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jawilliams
    Participant

I would like to grow from seed mooli radish. Whilst traveling in the Far East I grew to love this vegetable. Does anybody have any tips or wise words on growing this vegetable?

charles

Best wait unril late May, sow direct (and last sowing can be as late as early August), being a brassica it’s leaves will suffer flea beetle and caterpillar damage so mesh or fleece cover is helpful, also against cabbage root flies. You can eat the tender thinnings, and grow large roots in well composted soil.

bluebell
    Participant

I find these really easy to grow, the only slight down side is that if your soil is not very deep they push up put of the ground where they are more likely to suffer slug and frost damage. Mine frequently make a foot to 18 inches long from a late sowing. Which I find does not generally suffer too much from flea beetle or caterpillar damage ( I have real problems with flea beetle between about mid April and August). I have just finished cropping, having harvested all winter.

jawilliams
    Participant

I will need to show patience and wait before planting. I find supermarket Mooli so dry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags